Virtual Battlespace 3 (VBS3) is about to take the military simulation world by storm. VBS3 offers a significant increase in capability, building on more than 10 years' experience delivering advanced simulation technologies to military organizations all over the world. VBS3 is a consolidated tactical training and mission rehearsal solution, combining flexible terrain and scenario editors, with a high-fidelity virtual environment for networked training and after-action reviews. VBS3 can also be used as an image generator in simulators, and can emulate a wide range of devices and weapon platforms.
VBS2 has been the standard for military simulation across the majority of NATO partners for more than five years. VBS3 will be the new standard, as the US Army has selected VBS3 to be the flagship of their Games for Training program. For the next five years, the US Army will use VBS3 to build training solutions across their classroom, part-task trainer and full simulation environments.
VBS3’s specification has been driven by feedback and requirements from key military customers. VBS3 will be the most comprehensive, flexible and capable military simulation tool available to date.
- A redesigned, cleaner, and simpler user interface
- Support for larger multi-map terrains (over 2000km by 2000km), including high-detail insets
- Improved network performance, allowing for increased number of clients and AI entities
- Improved procedural and multi-map terrain rendering
- Support for high-fidelity graphics
- Improved support for the maritime environment, including large and high-detail ships
- Improved physics via PhysX by Nvidia middleware
- Reworked animation system for increased realism
- Improved after-action review (AAR) capability, including AAR editing
- Robust and proven HLA and DIS interoperability
- Integrated digital chalkboard for military overlays in both 2D and 3D - free for VBS3 first adopters only (see below)!
Additional new features will be announced in the coming months. Check back regularly!
- Rehearse large-scale maneuvers over greater terrain distances.
- Support more human entities and AI avatars for more immersive operations in urban areas.
- Improved intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) and gunnery training capabilities through enhanced optical and infrared visual rendering and longer view distances.
- Start training faster with improved terrain production capabilities.
Become a VBS3 first-adopter! (only until December 31, 2013)
VBS3 will be released worldwide in Q2 2014, and BISim is now accepting pre-orders for either new licenses, or upgrades from VBS2.
BISim is building a network of VBS3 first-adopters to take the lead in shaping this important software. VBS3 upgrades have already been purchased by premier military organizations including the United States Marine Corps, Canadian and Swedish Armed Forces, the Australian and New Zealand Defence Forces, and the Netherlands Ministry of Defence.
To be eligible for the VBS3 first-adopter package, you must be a Government customer buying one or more new VBS3 licenses, or upgrading from VBS2. Industry customers can access VBS3 through our VBS Developer Network (VBSDN) package.
The benefits of pre-ordering VBS3 include:
- Buy VBS2 2.0 now and receive a free upgrade to VBS3 (only until December 31, 2013)
Government agencies that buy new VBS2 licenses will be eligible for a free upgrade of their licenses to VBS3 when it becomes available. In this way, users can access the current benefits of VBS2 2.0, as well as the enhanced training capabilities within the VBS3 roadmap.
In addition, we are freezing our current pricing of VBS2 until the release of VBS3. From today, organizations that buy VBS2 (or upgrade from VBS2 v1.x to VBS2 v2.x) will be eligible for the free upgrade to VBS3, as long as the licenses have an up-to-date software assurance plan. For more information or to receive a quote, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Digital Chalkboard bundled with VBS3 (only until December 31, 2013)
VBS3 first-adopters will receive the Digital Chalkboard VBS3 add-on module at no extra cost. The Digital Chalkboard is a mission editor extension that allows military symbols and free-hand drawings to be overlaid on the VBS3 virtual environment, in either 2D or 3D. Please note this offer is only available to VBS3 first-adopters until December 31, 2013.
- Access to VBS3 pre-releases starting January 2014
Interim releases will be provided to VBS3 first-adopters (four releases per year). Other customers will receive VBS3 updates twice a year.
- Invitation to the exclusive VBS3 User Group meeting at I/ITSEC 2013
The VBS3 User Group provides you with a forum to shape future VBS3 development, and learn about improvements funded by other customers. You will also be granted access to a dedicated and exclusive VBS3 online forum, hosted by BISim.
- Preview versions of, and discounts on, select VBS3 modules
BISim is developing add-on modules to extend the training capability of VBS3 in a number of exciting directions. VBS3 first-adopters will receive previews of these modules and discounts on release versions.
- Discounts on positions on VBS3 training courses, and custom courses
BISim offers regular training courses at our Orlando and UK offices. First-adopters will receive discounted positions on these courses, commensurate with the number of VBS3 licenses purchased. We are also offering site and enterprise first-adopters custom VBS3 courses based upon their specific needs.
- Trial licenses of TerraTools for procedural, correlated VBS3 terrain generation
TerraTools® from TerraSim® is the leading tool for procedural, correlated terrain generation for simulation. TerraTools supports many new VBS3 features through its batch processing for large area terrains, support for littoral zone and deep water environment modeling, automatic generation of high-resolution buildings with interiors, and Urban Details™ processing for database enhancement. Support for the automatic generation of destructible buildings, tunnels, and bridges will come with the release of TerraTools 5. VBS3 first-adopters will receive free trial licenses and support.
Leverage game-based simulation now!
Game-based simulation is a proven adjunct to traditional training methods and is a trusted part of military training capability. Contact us to arrange an on-site demonstration and keep an eye on http://news.bisimulations.com for more information on VBS3. You can also join the BISim newsletter.
Redesigned VBS3 user-interface elements